Aconfederacy of dunces essay questions
- How does seeing war through a horse's eyes change your perspective on World War I?
- What do you think about the book being narrated by a horse? Were you able to relate to Joey at all?
- Which army treated Joey better: the British or the Germans? Or did they treat him the same?
- How would the story have been different if it were told from Albert's perspective?
- Joey is clearly the protagonist of War Horse. Who—or what—would you consider the antagonist?
- In a lot of animal stories, the animals talk to each other. In War Horse. not so much. Did this surprise you? How would the story change if the horses did talk to each other?
- How do you feel about the ending? Why does Maisie have a problem with horses, and why does Morpurgo choose to end the novel by focusing on that problem?
- Think of some of your favorite books. How would they be different if they were told from an animal's perspective?
The who, what, where, when, and why of all your favorite quotes.
© 2016 Shmoop University. All rights reserved. We speak tech
© 2016 Shmoop University. All rights reserved.
You've been inactive for a while, logging you out in a few seconds.